MEI Technologies is growing! MEIT since 1992 is a nationwide technology company that has implemented process-oriented management and has redefined itself into the family-owned organization that offers innovative, best-value services and solutions within four focused capabilities: Engineering Services & Solutions, Modeling and Simulation, Space Systems, Design & Integration; and IT/Cyber Services & Solutions.
Why Choose MEIT??
With an abundance of collaborative individuals MEIT is an organization that provides the opportunity to truly reach your potential as a professional.
Job Title: Research Archivist
Location: Houston, TX (NASA)
Contact: Kristen Gaustad, Senior Technical Recruiter Kristen.Gaustad@meitechinc.com
Overview: The primary purpose of this position is to support the Life Sciences Data Archive (LSDA) project at Johnson Space Center (JSC) under the Health and Human Performance Contract (HHPC). The successful candidate will be able to confer with the research data archivists currently supporting the LSDA regarding how best to achieve the responsibilities and goals outlined below. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide leadership to the archivist(s) directly supporting the specific tasks of dispositioning unprocessed LSDA records and collections.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall disposition of the unprocessed collection of materials in the LSDA based on the Media Migration Plan. This includes planning, scheduling, organization, inventory, and digitization (as required) of unprocessed LSDA records and collections comprised of material in varying formats. Specific duties include: developing project documentation, developing project schedule, and overseeing the sorting and cataloging the materials in the collection, scanning documents that will be added to the archive. Duties will also include working with personnel from records management, JSC library, the imagery lab, or the history office to determine the appropriate disposition of records outside the scope of LSDA holdings. The successful candidate must be skilled in using the internet to search NASA and other resources to determine if records in LSDA possessions are archived in other locations. The goal of the tasks is the long-term digital preservation of these NASA records.
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
• Responsible for completing all assigned training
• Responsible for the input and update of research data and information in various databases and audits
• Responsible for responding to customer's inquiries and concerns, and addressing issues promptly
• Resposible for maintaining confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted
• Responsible for providing weekly status reports of work activities to project lead
• Responsible for other duties as assigned
1. REQUIRED: (must correspond with description listed on the SLC Composite Rates and Skills Table on iShare)
Minimum of a Master's degree in Information Sciences
Experience working with databases
Experience with records management or data cataloging
Project management experience
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
Excellent written and verbal communications
Proficient in the use of the internet
Demonstrated team player
Ability to take direction and work independently, creatively, and efficiently
Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel
Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail
Skilled at organizing and facilitating problem-solving discussions
Experience using collabrative applications, such as SharePoint
Experience working in the NASA environment
Join our team TODAY!
www.meitechinc.com MEIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer /M/F/disability/protected veteran employer.
MEIT is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) serving government and commercial sectors across the United States.